About Me

My photo
TN, United States
Proud Mom of two wonderful children!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How I fell in love with Football

I had never been that girl who spent Friday nights at the weekly football games at least not for the football anyway. I was not a nerd, but probably not considered far from it. You could say that athletes would not have considered themselves my type. In mid 1993, an odd thing happened. A classmate, who I really never considered asked me out. I thought it over, but quickly dismissed it.

A relationship, a year, a baby, what seemed like a lifetime later, the same jock whom I never considered inquired about dating still. I was impressed, the young man, though a jock, was not intimidated or scared at my new adult circumstances that had developed over the year. So I agreed and in getting to know my new friend (who had been there all along). I began to watch the game of football. Initially, we would watch, and I would ask a zillion questions, I am sure he thought I was trying to impress, but shortly after I found myself turning it on just to have it on for the sounds of the crowd and the commentating. It was not long after that I found myself no longer able to clean or work through the sights and sounds of the game and would have to shut down all house hold activity to watch the game.

So to my and everyone else’s amazement, I announced my self a fan, with a favorite college and pro team..and everything. Since those initial years, I have officially adopted fall as my favorite time of the year, it is the season that I fell in Love with Football!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment