About Me

My photo
TN, United States
Proud Mom of two wonderful children!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Everyday, I will commit to live better, live healthier....

Wondered why he, they bothered me, wanted me. I thought he did love me. As I grew I began to know that this was not how you showed love, so I wondered why he, they bothered me, wanted me in that way, was it because of my dark skin, big lips, or my little girl curvy hips, why else would they do these dirty things to me.

Why couldn’t I just say “leave MY Body Alone”?

“ ….Today, in recovery, I can reclaim my body as my own by setting boundaries, by saying what I need, and by honoring my physical health”

How do I reclaim my body when I know innocence can not be re-created, can not be re-experienced, re-gifted? There is a hollowness, an anger, because I desire to feel a passion, a knowingness that I am beautiful, each and every part of my body, my big lips, now full with grown curvy hips, tones of chocolate and shades of earth.

Everyday, I will commit to live better, live healthier, and work through the rocks in my stomach, and say what I need, what I want, what my boundaries will be, I will live Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment