About Me

My photo
TN, United States
Proud Mom of two wonderful children!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Saturday Morning

There are the mornings, early when the sun is shinning down...

Clothes on the line, laundry in the wash

Laughter going up like bubbles in the air
Saturday mornings how I like to remember them

Listen, hear that WVOL
I know, Mighty 147

You Make Me Feel Like Dancing is playing, my aunties snapping, popping, all while their mopping
Cleaning, while the grown folk jaws do their chopping

I 'll get it...Coffee, saucer, cup, everybody is getting up
Saturday morning, this is how I remember

Miraculous, Vinegar, water, works well with paper
Brings the feeling of life right into view

People going, people coming, saying hi and bye

Living, and Loving too
Waking up in my Grandma's house the way I use to do

Saturday morning, how I like to remember them, it feels so long ago
Saturday morning, how I will always remember,so my kids will know

No comments:

Post a Comment