About Me

My photo
TN, United States
Proud Mom of two wonderful children!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Now, the Adult me realizes that these things simply are not true!

The struggle to be healthy and happy continues. I don't remember when being happy was not attributed to being skinny in my mind. Seriously, when i consider my childhood on up to my present I am realizing that i believed that the happiest people were skinny, light skin (this is one way that African Americans describe people with a lighter complexion)white, and not on free lunch (they brought corn beef sandwiches in strawberry shortcake lunch boxes).

Now, the Adult me realizes that these things simply are not true!

I will confess that tonight when I was on the treadmill (waiting and watching for my  legs to literally break off just above my ankles and splatter blood all over the row of the equipment) that I was fighting the urge to blame my current health and mental status on something, anything or anyone other than my lack of self disclipline.

The moment you realize you are your own problem...awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment