About Me

My photo
TN, United States
Proud Mom of two wonderful children!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Breath, I say: One thing at a time, I say: Who am I kidding? Ahhhhhhhhh(screaming out loud)!

One day out from the start of the 2010 school year and I am feeling the panic!

Traffic, school supplies, lunch money, extra groceries, school supply list, the never ending list of fee request, and fundraisers that will no doubt be coming home with the kids.

Breath, I say: One thing at a time, I say: Who am I kidding? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (screaming out loud)!

To usher the school year in right I marched right in yesterday evening to have the conversation with kids and dad about the importance of study this year. In school years past as much as I have fought the hypnotizing trance of the boob tube, I have fought, and lost, the time grabber and butt widener with little and often no success.

The looks on everyone’s face assured me that I was successful in becoming the official bad guy for the school year. I usually allow myself a few weeks, even a month in before I am given that honor. Oh, no...this year I am jumping straight in to take the torch.

Let me tell you, I did not receive one argument from dad about it, or anyone for that matter. They all sat quietly as I went over the difference of homework time versus study time sharing that they would experience the joy this school year of having both daily (to which they gasped). It was important to make it clear that there would be very little time for much else during the week.

Oh Joy, Let the GAMES begin!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment